Our Steadfast Care for Mental Illness and Addiction Despite the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
During this time of uncertainty, we are continuing our commitment to care for patients. D’Amore Healthcare is devoted to creating an environment that cultivates healing. It is our goal to layer education and encouragement to help patients tolerate life’s unexpected events.
We realize you may have important questions about the incidence of COVID-19 and what protection we have in place. We will continue to take necessary precautions to ensure that both patients and staff members receive the highest level of care as the world navigates this global health concern.
The safety and well-being of our patients and staff are the top priority at D’Amore Healthcare.
Following CDC Clinic Protocols for COVID-19
At D’Amore Healthcare, we are staying updated through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure we take all approved and recommended steps to keep our community safe.
We are doing our part to take precautionary measures while creating an environment that helps patients feel safe and comfortable during a time like this.
We hope that you may find some solace in knowing how we’ve adapted to this pandemic. Allow us to share the extra steps we are taking to respect your wellness and mental health journey.
- We serve our patients fresh foods with dense nutrition to build immunity and maintain energy, gathering for dinner and groups to cheer each other on.
- Our staff avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth, and face and maintain hygiene by washing hands with soap and water regularly.
- Fresh air and sunlight are part of every day for staff and patients, both germicidals and disinfectants.
- We throw away, or Ziploc seal unwrapped, partially eaten food or snacks, rather than leaving them in open spaces.
- Tissues, sanitizer, soap, and trash cans are readily available for all staff and patients.
- Staff is instructed to stay home if sick.
- Patients showing COVID-19 symptoms will be isolated without delay.
- High-traffic areas in the business office and in our subacute care facilities are cleaned at least 3 times per day.
- Patients are picked up from local airports or hospitals to provide smooth transition and care. Their laundry is washed upon intake.
- We utilize the dishwasher to heat dry and sanitize dishes, cups, and utensils. Dry heat helps kill microorganisms using the destructive oxidation method.
- We educate our Team about healthy lifestyle choices (i.e., eating fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of fluids, getting a good night’s sleep, and exercising in the open air if possible) while modeling them as Department Leaders.
- And we’re staying connected with local health departments for all updates as they come.
We are committed to providing a healing environment for patients. We are doing everything we can to ensure that D’Amore Healthcare offers the highest level of care. Our Medical and Clinical Team are grounded, inspired, and united, despite rapidly changing healthcare needs. Your satisfaction and safety matter to us. Thank you for being a trusted stakeholder.
Family Saturday and Visitations/Deviations
No visitors or deviations will be approved for Saturday, March 28.
The goal of D’Amore Healthcare’s leadership is to bring our families’ support, compassion, priming, and community in an important time for them and their loved ones.
Please visit our Family Program Page for more information.